An 18-year-old girl identified as Paris Montgomery was stricken by a copperhead snake after she took off her shoes to begin a cheerleading dance in the garden of her home in Houston, Texas, last week.
However, Paris’ mother, Tracy, who narrated the story, after the poisonous viper bit Paris while she practiced a dance skit, she grabbed her foot with pain and cringed with shock. She then took off her sock to rub the injured foot.
After the bite she restarted her dance skit but had to stop after being overcome with pain.
Tracy’s mother says the snake bit Paris so quickly that she did not know what had happened, and initially believed her foot had been clawed by a stick.
Furthermore, Paris’ family later rushed her to the hospital, where she took anti-venom treatment.
Copperhead snakes are members of the viper family and though they are poisonous, their bites are rarely fatal to humans, although they can result in serious secondary infections if left untreated.
Paris speaking about the incident she said: ‘I was about to video myself tumbling, and I was just taking my shoes off, and I stepped on a snake and it bit me. Something just started hurting. I didn’t find out it was a snake. When we got to the emergency room we were trying to find out what happened, and we zoomed in and they told me it was a snake.’
The teenager is now recuperating.
What’s your take on this report?